So I’ve officially begun my 45th life chapter (as of yesterday). It is mind-blowing yet thrilling to know how many chapters I’ve completed in my life. I recognize that I’ve accomplished quite a bit so far…BUT I also know that I have more to do.
Today’s motivational quote comes from Winnie The Pooh’s dear friend Christopher Robin.
I don’t know about you, but I tend to think of a few tasks/activities I want to complete after each birthday. It’s my way of staying focused and getting the most out of my life. Here is what I’ve come up with so far (no particular order)
- Declutter/Decorate/Update aspects of our apartment
- Speak up and Demand justice for folks assaulted/murdered via police (Breonna Taylor, Elijah McClain, and many more)
- Open the Bronx Eco-Space (after being a pop-up for a bit)
- Spend quality family time outdoors monthly
- Remind folks to VOTE (it is time for us to get a new president)
- Enhance my knowledge on plastic pollution, climate crisis, environmental racism, low-waste living so can continue to share information and tips with people
- Make time for Maranda and my passions (gardening, art, cooking, giving back, being outdoors)
- Breathe and take things one day at a time
Stay tuned for updates on all of these throughout the year!