I am a firm believer that knowledge empowers people and guides our actions. The following are suggested books and documentaries specific to food waste. Asterisks are by the ones I’ve read or watched.
• American Wasteland by Jonathan Bloom
• Don’t Waste Your Food by Deborah Chancellor
• Food Foolish by John M. Mandyck and Eric B. Schultz
• Saving Food edited by Charis M. Galanakis
• Waste: Uncovering the Global Food Scandal by Tristram Stuart
• Waste Free Kitchen Handbook by Dana Gunders (*)
• Just Eat It (2014) (*)
• PBS News Hour “Waste Not, Want Not” series (2020)(*)
• Taste the Waste (2010)(*)
• Theater of Life
• Wasted! (2018) (*)
What other books and/or documentaries should I add to this list? I will share later in the month actual food waste related cookbooks.