I’m more observant of the ‘for lease’ signs now that I’ve stated my desire to open an educational/refill location in the Bronx. There are about 4-5 rentable places within a 1 block radius of my apartment building. Clearly, I’m not at the stage of finding the final location spot, BUT it does serve as good motivation to keep at my biz plan. And I am going to contact this space to see if allows one-time options for pop-ups.
ICYMI – a few weeks ago I announced I want to open a place in the Bronx for people to learn low-waste/plastic-free tips, purchase reasonable cost eco-friendly products, and get basic refillable items in bulk. The second image shows Phase 𝘐 (𝘢𝘯 𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘥 $𝟻𝟶𝟶𝟶 𝘪𝘯 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘱 𝘤𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘴) will focus on hosting pop-up events and what the initial costs would include.
- Developed mission/vision for business plan
- Just about finished the required research to determine what type of entrepreneurship this will be.
- Have begun communication with producers of initial products to carry to determine what is needed for wholesale purchases
- With help from an online forum for zero waste shops gotten insight on initial costs for the bins and systems related to refill stores (who knew so much)
- Narrowed down a name (it’s a secret)
Stay tuned for more updates and the announcement of the Phase I launch date (𝘢𝘳𝘰𝘶𝘯𝘥 𝘍𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟶). I have a Ko-fi page (𝐛𝐢𝐨 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐤) where people can buy me ‘coffees’ to assist in making Phase I a reality. Just so you know I do intend on crowdfunding for Phase II which requires deliverables (like complete biz plan).