Now that I have a little free time I can FINALLY work on some crafts and decorate our place. The first room is my laundry room…. I know it might sound a little crazy BUT I want to walk into a nice looking room when I am doing my least favorite thing – washing (which with two kids I seem to do EVERY day). I had my dad hang some wooden shelves that I painted (got them from our local Habitat for Humanity store) a sunny like green – it coordinates with a fabric that I am using for an upcoming project. The shelves are used for decorative touches and my laundry supplies which I was tired of seeing on my dryer.
I am not a fan of the containers for my laundry supplies for they are not consistent colors. So I wanted to store them within unique containers that were cheap and cute.. Searching on Pinterest I saw an image for DIY Apothecary Jars and decided to do it myself….
- Glass Jars with lids like spaghetti or pickle jars
- Knobs (I got mine from Habitat for Humanity Store for $.50)
- Paint for the lids and/or knobs (My paint was metallic silver)
- Clean the glass jars and remove their labels. Now I soaked mine in water and what I couldn’t peel off was removed with Goof Off.
- Screw the knobs to the lid. The screws that came with my knobs were to long so my lovely father shortened them so it would work properly.
- Paint lids and/or knobs. I did 3 coats…You probably could use spray paint if you do not want to paint with a brush.
Voila you have your own cute apothecary jars!
I am going to add labels to the jars so I remember which powder is which, and I am on the search for cute bottles to use for my liquids.